At an altitude of 300meters above sea level on a hilly sloping terrain with natural drainage, the olive groves of “Metamorphosis” proudly stand. They are in controlled and certified fields regarding their methods of fertilizing, cultivation and harvesting in order to consist a Protected Geographical Indication of Laconia (PGI Laconia) and produce an excellent extra virgin olive oil of top quality and of the highest standards.
Harvesting and Cultivation
- The hand picked olives of “Metamorphosis” are being processed in a very modern olive oil mill, equipped with top performance machinery, solely by mechanical means and in cold extraction, regarding the highest nutritional and dietary value of this olive oil.
- Storage with guaranteed temperature by an air conditioning system (18-22°C).
- All stainless steel tanks are equipped for the new nitrogen preservation technology and cold cycle processing. Olive oil stainless steel tanks are filled with Nitrogen in order to prevent oxidization and keep temperatures low.
Health Claim and Beneficiary properties
- Offers a health claim, where the daily consumption of 20g of the “METAMORPHOSIS” olive oil protects the blood lipids from oxidative stress according to the regulation 432/2012 of the European Union.
- “Metamorphosis” is a top source of monounsaturated fatty acids (fats) that help lower cholesterol and prevent inflammation among others. Just 1 tablespoon supplies 2 milligrams of vitamin E and 8micrograms of vitamin K, (13% and 8% of your daily intakes respectively).
- The daily intake of 2 tablespoons, 30ml, of “Metamorphosis” per day can significantly provide numerous health benefits given the high amounts of polyphenols and antioxidants found in this cold pressed extra virgin olive oil.
Points of Excellence
- Premium quality and special flavor, from the ideal combination of Koroneiki and Athinolia varieties.
- Cold pressed extra virgin olive oil and solely by mechanical means.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Protected Geographical Indication (PGI) Laconia
- Gentle harvest and the strictest selection of olives used.
- Naturally rich in Polyphenols and extremely low acidity.
- Full of antioxidants and vitamins that provide many health benefits
- Authentic historic olive oil dating since the Byzantine era
Scent and Taste
- “Metamorphosis” has an authentic and well balanced taste, special flavor, pungent, bitter, and intensely fruity. Smooth and delicate to taste, with a generous aroma, rich and aromatic, Leaves a strong, lasting aftertaste.
- “Metamorphosis” suggests the perfect versatile addition to every plate. It’s aromas will transform any given meal and can piece together different ingredients smoothly, providing the finest gastronomical touch with excellent health benefits and a truly authentic taste.
Mediterranean Diet and Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Extra virgin olive oil, which Homer calls “liquid gold” and Hippocrates believes is “the great healer”, forms the basis of the renowned Mediterranean diet. It constitutes the main health-promoting component of this diet. The Mediterranean diet is cited as beneficial for being low in saturated fat and high in monounsaturated fat and dietary fiber. Its benefits are thought to derive mainly from the health effects of the olive oil included in it.
the chefs choice!
Olive oil contains monounsaturated fats, most notably oleic acid, which is under clinical research for its potential health benefits. The European Food Safety Authority Panel on Dietetic Products, Nutrition and Allergies approved health claims on olive oil, for protection by its polyphenols against oxidation of blood lipids and for its contribution to the maintenance of normal blood LDL-cholesterol levels, when saturated fats in the diet are replaced with oleic acid (EU Commission Regulation 432/2012 of 16 May 2012).
A 2014 meta-analysis concluded that an elevated consumption of extra virgin olive oil is associated with a reduced risk of all-cause mortality, cardiovascular events and stroke, while monounsaturated fatty acids of mixed animal and plant origin showed no significant beneficial effect. There is scientific evidence that regular consumption of extra virgin olive oil may lower all-cause mortality and the risk of cancer, cardiovascular disease, neurodegeneration and several chronic diseases.